When your outdoor adventure demands ingenuity as a survival skill, pack the Titan Stormproof Match Kit. The beefiest, longest-burning windproof and waterproof matches available, Titan matches incinerate the competition. Over four inches long and boasting a burn time of up to 25 seconds, each meaty match will fire up in the harshest of conditions, and will relight after being submerged in water. The kit includes 12 matches, 3 replaceable strikers, a waterproof case that floats and a cord that attaches to a lanyard. That adds up to 5 minutes of fire, and priceless Peace of Mind.
- Received Backpacker Magazine Editor's Choice Snow Award 2015.
- Received Gear Junkie "Best in Show" 2015 Award and 50 Campfires "Gear of the Year" 2015 Award.
- Durable, waterproof case floats and keeps contents dry and protected.
- External, integrated, and replaceable striker for easy lighting.
- Longest-burning windproof and waterproof matches.
- Matches are easy to light and will relight after being submerged in water.
- Up to 25 second burn time.
- Extended length of match allows for added safety to keep from burning fingertips.
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues, etc.
- Burn Time (up to): 25 seconds
- Length: 4.125" (10.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.9 oz. (82 g)
CAUTION: For outdoor use by adults only. Carefully monitor lit matches until completely burned. Store extra strikers in protective sleeves after use to keep dry. Store matches separately from strikers to prevent accidental ignition.
- For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
- Strike away from the body or in a downwards position. Be careful of bystanders.
- Be careful when striking the match since sparks can fly off the igniting head.
- After using the match, run it in water to be certain that it will not light anything else on fire.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
These matches, when lit WILL NOT go out, even if you dunk them under water. It is true. I used them. They burn out when they are ready to which is several seconds. They burn hot. burns kind of like a July 4th sparkler, but with more flame. The Achilles heel is the strike pad which is specific to these matches. No other strike surface material will work, so treat it with respect. The description says that if the matches or strike pad gets wet, just dry them off, but that was not my experience. When my matches and striker got wet, that was the end. They got soggy and melted like most matches. If you are in a one-match situation, this is the match you want.