The Sweetfire Strikeable Fire Starter is not only sweet for your gear collection, it's sweet for the planet. Made from a sugarcane by-product called bagasse, this key ingredient is already used around the world as a renewable biofuel. Each of these match points is infused with vegetable wax to allow for up to 7 minutes of burn time per each point. There's also no need to bring matches to light the Sweetfire as each match point has a strikeable tip that can conveniently be used with the striker on the box.
- Made from sugarcane waste — Bagasse is a fibrous sugarcane by-product and is used around the world as a renewable biofuel.
- Individual ‘Points’ conveniently connected & ready to break-off and use.
- Each Point burns for 7 minutes each.
- Strikable tip, can be used with striker on box, eliminating need for matches.
- Infused with vegetable wax, UCO Sweetfire is good for the planet & great for every adventure.
- Burn Time (up to): 7 minutes
- Package Dimensions: 6" x 1.125" x 5.5"
- Weight: 4.9 oz. (82 g)
CAUTION: For outdoor use by adults only. Carefully monitor lit matches until completely burned. Store extra strikers in protective sleeves after use to keep dry. Store matches separately from strikers to prevent accidental ignition.
- For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
- Strike away from the body or in a downwards position. Be careful of bystanders.
- Be careful when striking the match since sparks can fly off the igniting head.
- After using the match, run it in water to be certain that it will not light anything else on fire.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
I received an 8 pack of ucogear Sweetfire strikeables, in one of my Cairn boxes, squirrels them away for emergencies. Well my emergency was, I was out of lighter fluid. I recalled i had them gave them a try. The first one startled me with its strong flame ease in lighting, but it was blown out by the strong breeze. I quickly lit a 2nd one a satisfied customer was born! These are great I will definitely buy more even give them as stocking stuffers! Thanks for another fantastic UGO product. Your stuff rocks!!
These are great. I bought a pack for starting my fire pit. Excellent, one strike one fire. Will be buying more.
I started using the UCO Sweetfire fire starter sticks this season. They have become my primary go to for starting fires. Ive used them in wet conditions and in winter without fail. Ive used them in alpine conditions and in the damp Smokie Mountains in the springtime. One stick is all that you will need to get the job done. This has become an essential fire tool for me. Check out my video which features the sweetfire in action.
These really make fire starting quick and easy. Easy lighting and solid burn time. It was 10 degrees on my last trip so I really needed a quick and easy fire. These were perfect and I had a warm fire in no time.