This is a STORMPROOF version of the popular award winning Sweetfire Strikeable Fire Starter. Stormproof means that it will relight after being submerged in water. The advantage of the sweetfire over a normal waterproof or stormproof match is that it includes tinder in the 'point'. Light the 'point' just like a match and it will burn for 7 mins to help you start a fire like a boss. Go prepared!
This new Stormproof Sweetfire is not only sweet for your gear collection, it's sweet for the planet. Made from a sugarcane by-product called bagasse, this key ingredient is already used around the world as a renewable biofuel. Each of these match points (there are 20 per box) is infused with vegetable wax to allow for up to 7 minutes of burn time per each point. There's also no need to bring matches to light the Sweetfire as each match point has a strikeable tip that can conveniently be used with the striker on the box.
- Made from sugarcane waste — Bagasse is a fibrous sugarcane by-product and is used around the world as a renewable biofuel.
- Individual ‘Points’ conveniently connected & ready to break-off and use.
- Each Point burns for 7 minutes each.
- Strikable tip, can be used with striker on box, eliminating need for matches.
- Infused with vegetable wax, UCO Sweetfire is good for the planet & great for every adventure.
- Package Dimensions: 5.5" x .75" x .4"
- Packaged Weight: 4.9 oz. (82 g)
CAUTION: For outdoor use by adults only. Carefully monitor lit matches until completely burned. Store extra strikers in protective sleeves after use to keep dry. Store matches separately from strikers to prevent accidental ignition.
- For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
- Strike away from the body or in a downwards position. Be careful of bystanders.
- Be careful when striking the match since sparks can fly off the igniting head.
- After using the match, run it in water to be certain that it will not light anything else on fire.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
I have started using these in my firepit in the backyard. Its often a bit damp out where I am and I appreciate the longer burn time on these compared to the usual newspaper ads I use. It helps get the twigs and kindling going better.
Just did a camping trip with the family with 5 days of rain. Many of our meals relied on having a fire. These fire starters really preformed well it didn't matter that everything was damp and wet we always had a fire. Really nice kit. Thank You
Amazing product for the camper, adventurer, and survivalist. This will get your fire going for you no matter what the conditions are. I have used this on wet tinder, extreme windy conditions, and the results are the same. One box has Everything you need for many fires. It packs light and with 7 minutes of burn times for each as stated above! This has become a staple in my primary starting kit and emergency kit. It is also possible to split these in half to conserve resources. I was skeptical at first but will never be outdoors again without a few of these. I have had the same package for awhile and Im impressed with the shelf life.