The ultimate shape shifter, the Switch Spork is a two-piece fork and knife/spoon combo that locks together to create an extra-long utensil ideal for freeze-dried meal bags and deep containers, and snaps together into a single compact piece for storage and travel. Whether hiking the Cascades, picnicking at the beach or fueling up at the office, UCO Ware makes meals away from home more enjoyable.
- UCO Ware has a Limited lifetime warranty.
- Includes 1 reusable tether, 1 fork, and 1 spoon/knife combination utensil.
- Made from ultra-durable food grade BPA-free glass-filled nylon.
- Use the spoon and fork separately or connect them together end to end for extra length.
- Attachment points and reusable tether work together to affix the spork to a pack or hang it up to dry.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Package Includes: 3 pieces - knife/spoon, fork and tether
- Material: Food grade BPA-free glass-filled nylon
- Weight of Set: 0.9 oz. (27 grams)
- Length: 7 in. (17.8cm) Extended: 10.3 in (26.2cm)
- Packaging: Pinpack
- Part #: F-SP-SWITCH
High quality and great design. Highly recommend.
Overall, the utensils are nice. However, as a “converso: (right-handed person that is now left-handed)” I point out that the spoon/knife combo is not comfortable for lefties. The serrations make using it obnoxious since they “cut” into the hand, so you must handle it with care instead of just “digging in”.
I used this for a weekend camp trip at a camp ground and by far the best gear i have easy to clean and it don't take up a lot of room.i will be during a youtube review on this and just now going out to buy the mess kit.
I recently purchased a Switch to do some winter camping. I never liked that I needed to carry several utensils to do what a properly designed one or set would do. I never liked the jaggy edge on most sporks, and most are too short for food in a pouch. Also while using one end of a spork the other end gets in the way. These are very light and compact. I like that I can eat out of a pouch with a proper length utensil. I like that the fork and knife are useful as opposed to the near useless one on a plain spork. The only disadvantage to these is the etched in letters. The square etching outline collects dirt and old food and is dreadfully hard to clean and keep clean. A properly designed rounded edge would have been much nicer and perhaps have been a cheaper die design also.
The "UCO" letters are etched in to utensils, and food gets stuck in there- VERY hard to get out, esp while on the trail. Other than that, awesome!